7 May 2016

Start menu stopped working in Windows 10 [Fix]

Some people are experiencing a start menu bug in Windows 10. Usually happened after an update. I too had that. Now I solved that problem. The problem is that we can't click the start menu or anything from the bottom panel which includes cortana(search bar), notification bar, battery, WiFi icon etc... But we could make right click though. There are so many solutions with command codes and so on. But none worked for me. Now let me tell you how to fix this problem.

There are two methods to fix this.

I)Create a new User Account:
If you create a new User Account for your Windows 10, that account won't have this issue.
But you should copy your files from Desktop, Downloads, Documents etc to the other Local Drive. Else you might loss it.
To create a new Account press Windows key + I to open Settings.
Now create new User Account. If you don't know how Click Here.

II)Update Windows with new ISO:
The auto update of Windows 10 won't do the work. You might be on the latest update. But to solve this you need to download the latest Windows 10 ISO. I personally recommend you this method. The old Windows 10 ISO or DVD may work. But I never tried those. You can try with that if you don't have a good internet connection.

I highly recommend you to download Windows 10 from Here.
Click on "Download tool now" from that page or click the below mirror link to download the Media Creation Tool.

Mirror Link

Run the Media Creation Tool after download. It will download the Windows 10 ISO file to the Desktop.
Now open the Windows ISO with windows explorer.
Run the EXE file.

You will see it like this. Hit Download and install updates or Not right now. I selected Download and install updates. But I think the Not right now option will also fix the problem.

So thats it. So does it worked for you ? Need any help ? Leave as comments.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting, however you propose a solution whereby you need to use the "start", but which we have already ascertained is not working.!!

    When I try to add a new account through "control Panel", etc, the system stops responding!!

    So, creating a new account appears to be a non-starter.

    Using your second method means that I lose the ability to revert to Windows 7 should I not like Win 10 - not an ideal solution. I need to reconfigure the current OS without having to re-install everything, or alternatively get back to Win 7 somehow.

    Any suggestions?

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't need to use 'start' at all to create a new account. You just need to open 'Settings'. To open that press Windows key + I as I mentioned before. If that doesn't work press Windows key + R to open Run. Type "MS-SETTINGS:" (without the quotes) and hit enter key. This will open the Settings.
      Keep me posted.

      Delete